Business Analyst, Higher Education
Reports to: Nonprofit Practice Lead
Location: London/UK (this role will be remote for the foreseeable future but applicants must be UK based and willing to travel to the London office and to customers when required)
At 4C, we believe that we have a responsibility to leave the world in a better place than we found it. Two years ago, we launched the 4C4U practice, a dedicated team working exclusively with nonprofits to help them extend their reach and increase their impact with the power of the Salesforce platform. We are now looking for a Business Analyst who is passionate about making a difference and providing an outstanding customer experience to join this growing team.
As part of a project team, the business analyst’s role is to ensure that our solutions are aligned to our customers’ business objectives and that their needs are being met. They are involved with a project from beginning to end and are integral to project success. They challenge future process, based on a customer’s current state, and advise on potential change both to the 4C project team and to our customers where appropriate.
- Document project objectives and success criteria
- Identify, define and manage requirements for a project
- Initial discovery
- Sprint level requirements gathering
- Quality Assurance - championing high standard of build meeting the requirements, epics and features.
- Analyse the structure of the business, how it uses people/process/systems and data
- Business information modelling
- Data modelling
- Process modelling
- Customer journey mapping
- Understand a business's goals
- Senior stakeholder engagement to understand what they are trying to achieve
- Work with the project team to define future state improvements
- Work with project team on the business case for change
- Documenting new projects
- User stories + acceptance criteria
- User flows
- Business requirements documents
- Ongoing documentation version control
- Internal sprint testing (advocacy of our customers needs)
- Test script writing (working with customers project team)
- Communicating impact to customers communications strategy
- Communicating impact to customer change management strategy
- Ability to communicate at all levels from C Suite to System Users
- Questioning the Why not just the What to ensure full capabilities and issues are drawn out.
- Exposure to many end-to-end projects of varying complexity
- Can demonstrate how business issues were identified and recommendations that were made. This includes non software solutions
- Quality assurance - understands and leads on QA within projects.
- Can work to tight deadlines and communicates any deviation to timelines.
- Experience working in the Nonprofit Sector or Higher Education
What we offer
4C embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave and pension packages. 4C has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at 4C has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future, with office attendance optional and limited to 1 day per week for each bubble to ensure safety of our employees. We are committed to supporting all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we've taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: regular mood checkers, promotion of wellness resources (Vitality, talking therapies etc), mental health awareness training for managers, initiatives to promote #KindnessMatters and remote social activities to stay in touch.
Your Personal Data: